We are always looking for passionate, hardworking and talented people to join our team.
Please familiarize yourself with what we do before you fill out this application. We are expanding and are looking for people with a wide range of abilities.
Current Job Opening
We are looking for someone to paint small wood pieces of jewelry with color and detail. We are also looking for someone to help me answer emails about custom inquires and create illustrator files for clients. MUST be able to paint with a steady hand, and know Adobe Illustrator.
The current member of Woodville whom fulfills these duties is leaving at the end of February and can start training her replacement starting February 6th.
There are 3 parts to this job….
Painter: Person who hand paints pieces.
- Must be able to paint small pieces of wood with extreme detail
- Must be able to commute to north Durham 2-5 days a week
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be able to learn new painting techniques such as airbrush painting
Custom Designer: Person who works with clients to designer a custom wood piece for them.
- Must be FLUENT in Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be able to work within short deadlines (1-2 days for simple designs, 7-10 days for complicated designs)
- Must have decent people skills. Usually clients are not design savvy.
- Must be 18 and have a high school degree, college is preferred. NCSU Design students preferred!
- Answering custom order emails
- Talk to customers and figure out what they want via email or phone
- Explain to customers what their options are for their design and get their approval before making
- Edit designs to customers needs
- Learn how to determine price quotes based on difficulty of design (we will teach you that)
- Learn how to make designs laser cutter ready (we will teach you that)
Wood Product Development and Manufacturing
Wood Product Development: make new small products out of wood.
- Must live near Durham, NC
- Must be fluent in most materials and manufacturing techniques
- Must know AutoCAD or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with laser cutter or CNC router
- Must be a creative problem solver
- Must be highly attentive to detail
- Must be able to work well with hands
If you are interested in this position please send an email to
WoodvilleINC@gmail.com with subject heading “Woodville Application”
and a brief summary of your qualifications and which job you want to apply for and we will send you the full application.
In a nut shell the CEO and founder of Woodville, Julie Pitts, has too many duties to juggle and she needs help. We need someone who can help take over some of the CEO’s duties, think on their feet, independently solve problems and push our company to the next level. This is NOT a job for under achievers. This position needs someone who is constantly looking for ways to improve and advance. We are looking for someone who is never satisfied and is obsessed with achievement.
If you are interested in this position please email Julie personally at
“email@example.com“ with subject heading “Woodville Manager Application”